Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Asus EEEPC 701 and 900 Anshul's Theme Manager = ATM

I can only report that this theme manger works great in Asus EEE PC 701 and 900 Xandros EASY DESKTOP Netbooks. Because this is Soooooo Neeeeew that these are the only 2 Netbooks so far that this script has been tested on. Anybody with a Asus Xandros Easy Desktop should try this script out. I run it on my Xandros Easy Desktop and it is the bomb In my opinion. Gives you a way to change wallpapers and themes and icons and also give a bouncy icon Mac look via a GUI interface. Simple to use also.

Here is what the author (a really good guy) of this script has to tell you about this

ATM-the theme manager for my eeepc
For my eeepc vanity needs i used to use theemer a wonderfully designed application with great gui.However,of late,i have not been using theemer as there is a bug in it on using gradient based images for the tabs in AsusLauncher the text on the tabs disappear which seems to be due to resizing of images in theeemer.I like changing my desktop look often and since i was unable to get theemer to work the way i wanted it to , I decided to make my own little script with gui using gtkdialog .


More Here

If you use his script to change your wallpapers or whatever in Easy Desktop on your Asus EEE PC Netbook. Please take the time to thank him and let him know you appreciate his hard work. If running something other than a 701 or 900 Asus EEE Let him know it works on your model or what doesn't work so he can incorporate it. He did that for me on my 900 when I tested his script. He is a very nice guy in my opinion also. I love my customized Xandros Easy Mode Desktop.







The second screenshot shows the difference between Anshuls older version 1 script and now his latest which I used which is Version 2.2. Notice how I changed the Desktop icons and how the taskbars look now between the two different versions and screenshots. I think Anshuls (thanks man) script is the bomb!

Update: Anshuls site has moved.

Update: He has another new site also

2 comments:

rokytnji said...

Corresponding with the author today I found he needs to edit the script of the latest release. So give it a week before trying new script. The older pre release before the latest works fine. The latest that he still has to work on will be able to change icons on default easy desktop to the downloaded icon of your choice. So be patient if you want the latest script. Give him a week from my comment.

rokytnji said...

Sunny has worked out the bugs and updated the script to version 2.2. My second screenshot shows the difference.