pianobar is a console client for the personalized web radio pandora
- play and manage (create, add more music, delete, rename, ...) your stations
- rate played songs and let pandora explain why they have been selected
- show upcoming songs/song history
- configure keybindings
- last.fm scrobbling support (external application)
- proxy support for listeners outside the USA
Basically. You can put your headphones on and listen to pandora radio through a terminal without opening a browser while working on other things like office work, pictures, whatever. You can also listen while surfing the web without opening pandoras site. You will need a pandora radio account and set up some radio stations before installing pianobar.
Debian and Ubuntu should have it in their package managers. Just be sure to hit the reload button in the package manager before doing a search for pianobar. For Puppy Linux. I have successfully installed and ran this in Puppy Linux 5.1.1 and Puppy 5.2. For Puppy Linux. I got the installable pet package from Here. This is what it looks like running in Puppy Linux on my IBM A22m. I run this in AntiX also. Hmmmm. I might have found one for you Windows users also. No guarantees though. Found THIS also for Ubuntu.
Another New Player worth checking out is Foobnix